Monday, March 21, 2011

Forget the baths, but say "YES" to the sweater.

To start this blog, I just want to mention that my mommy did change my name to Missy "O'Shoot" from Missy "O'Shit".  She thought that might be offensive to some people and she doesn't want me to have an offensive name, so from now on, I will be known as Missy O'Shoot.

Now that I've explained all that to you, I must touch upon a very sticky subject...BATHS!!!!  I do not like them, I will never like them and I have no clue how my parents are going to get anyone to "groom" me.  I have no plans of changing my mind on this subject.  A few days ago, my mommy got this idea in her head that she was going to give me a bath in the bathtub.  She had the bathroom door open and I was sitting by the door and looking into the bathroom.  My mommy kept telling me to come into the bathroom for a bath.  I had lots to tell her about what I thought of that idea.  I carried on for at least 2 minutes in different tones.  I was telling her that I didn't want to have a bath, I really wasn't that dirty and I love and trust her, but that wasn't enough for me to plunge into that big white thing.  I kept begging and pleading to not have a bath and she just stood there laughing.  She told me I had such a pathetic, bewildered and demanding tone to my cries, that she knew I was really upset and trying to talk her out of the bath.  Well, all my pleading didn't work and as I fought as hard as I could, I still ended up getting a bath.

Since the weather has been getting warmer, my mommy would not put my sweater on me.  Because of that, I would not get into my bed at bedtime.  I think I told you earlier how much I love my sweater at night.  My mom puts pajamas on and my sweater is like my pajamas.  Yesterday it got a little chilly again, where I live, so she put my sweater on me last night.  In appreciation for her love and care, I jumped right into my bed with no arguments.  It made her very happy and she kept telling me I was a "good girl".  My mommy does ask me though, "What are we going to do this summer"?  I know it reaches 115 in the summer and even though we have air conditioning, I'm still going to get very hot, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.  I will always say "YES" to the sweater.

No comments: