Saturday, March 19, 2011

New Lessons About Life

The other night when my daddy took me outside to go potty before bedtime, I couldn't do it.  I knew my sisters were inside the house and I didn't want to miss one moment of being with them.  I simply ignored my dad and raced back through my doggy door.  Thank goodness they were still there.  I just love it when they come and visit me; it's so much fun.

After my sisters left, then it was really bedtime, so my mom took me back outside.  I messed around and was taking my time, so my mommy asked me if I'd hurry up.  Because she spoke, the doggy (Duchess) next door started barking.  I ran over to the corner of the fence where I thought she was and I started whining.  I don't think she heard me, but I was concerned that she was alone or scared.  I was showing compassion.

Speaking of compassion, my mommy is starting to teach me compassion, politeness, and love.  She tells me that we should all love one another whether we are humans or animals.  There is absolutely no reason to hate.  Hate should not even be a word in the English language.  Here is a little song that my mommy taught me:

                                    Jesus loves the little doggies
                                    All the doggies in the world
                                    Red, yellow, brown, black and white
                                    We are precious in his sight
                                    Jesus loves the little doggies of the world.

I like that song and will try and remember it for a lifetime, like my mommy did.

2 comments:

JohnsBlog said...

Maybe that what she was saying to me as she whined earlier:)

Tracy said...

That is a good lesson for all people and doggies to learn. Cute post.