Sunday, March 6, 2011

The "Tails" of Missy O'Shit

Hi everyone, my name is Missy O'Shit.  I just turned one-year old on March 2nd, so I am no longer a puppy.  My mommy and daddy have had me for a little over two months.  My mommy stood in line for almost three hours in order to be the first person to look at me and adopt me.  Sure enough, the minute she saw me, she fell in love with me.  My mommy bought me and took me home.  The people that turned me into the Humane Society had found me and my brother walking the streets of Phoenix.  They could only keep us for a little while and I guess could  not afford to keep us, so they took us to the Humane Society.

The reason my parents named me "Missy O'Shit" is because they had a different doggy before me and her name was Missy.  Because my mommy kept calling me "Missy" and would then say "Oh shit", she decided to just give in and name me Missy O'Shit.  At the Humane Society, they said my name was "Fluffy", but when my mommy got me home and would call me by that name, I didn't respond to it, so that's why she changed my name also.  I do respond to Missy, so I guess it is good that she changed it.

I have had a great time at my new home.  I get to get up on the couch, play outside with my mommy and daddy and my two sisters when they come over, and I have lots of toys to play with.  My favorite toy looks like a long doggy...I LOVE it.  I will tear through the house with it.  I have my own bed right by my mommy's side at night.  After my daddy gets up and we go outside and he uses his treadmill, I will run back into the bedroom, jump on the bed and walk on top of my mommy.  She pretends to be asleep, but I know that she's awake.  How could she stay asleep?  One time I went in there and put one of  my front paws on her shoulder and then I peeked towards her face to see if her eyes were open...they were and she said hello to me, which ticked me pink.

I do not like to be ignored, so if my daddy is on his computer and his back is turned to me, I like to scare him with a small bark.  It's pretty funny actually, to see him jump.  I will bark at my mommy too if she comes in the house and doesn't talk to me right away.  I will talk and talk and talk to her until she picked me up.  Of course I expect a "yummy" too and they usually give me one.

Now that I'm one-year old, I seem to be spreading my wings further and am trying new things.  My latest endeavor is to claim a little pillow that was on the couch.  I think my mom has given up and is going to just let me have it.  I saw it in my bed.  I know that I'm spoiled, but I think she likes to spoil me.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Great post! Missy O'Shit is adorable!