Monday, September 10, 2012

The Big Kaboom

Phoenix does not get rain very often, nor snow, which makes this the perfect weather condition for me to live in.  Every so often though, we will get a storm.  I do not like these storms because when it thunders, as my mommy calls it, I think it's those fireworks that the people in back of me shoot off.  When I hear that, it hurts my ears and I start barking.  Last night we had a huge thunder storm and thank God for my mommy.  She sits on the couch and I jump up on it, next to her and of course, I bark.  Well, I would get behind her back if she would let me, but since she won't, I pretty much turn in three circles first and then plop in her lap.  She will then put her arms around me and tell me that I'm going to be just fine.  Even when she knows a clap-of-thunder is about to clash, she'll put her hands over my ears, but that doesn't really help.  I know the storms don't last that long here in Phoenix, but even one loud noise is too much for me.  After the thunderstorm was over and done with, the people behind us decided there hadn't been enough noise, so they just had to shoot off one firework.  These, by the way, are the big kind that go up in the air, not the little firecrackers.  I know that I'm just a dog and supposedly do not have the knowledge of a human, but do these idiot people that shoot off the firework, think for one minute that we are going to think it's thunder?  Seriously?  They do it every time we get a thunderstorm, so I've come to the conclusion that not all humans actually have brains.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Missy you are very wise! Even for a dog. :)