Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Never DOUBT Your Pet

I have been through this before, I have doubted my dogs and I admit I am extremely foolish for doing this.  Instead of Missy telling her story, I, her Mommy, am going to tell my story about Missy and a previous dog by the name of Cassey.

We had an incident in this house when we had Cassey that involved a cat.  Cassey hated cats and if any were in our yard, she would chase them out.  One day, she tore into our living room and faced our couch and was barking and barking at something.  I went into the living room and finally called my husband in there and he looked behind the couch and I'll be darned if there wasn't a "CAT" behind the couch.  We could only assume that it came in through the doggy door.  He took the cat outside and it went on it's way...so we thought.  The next day, all of a sudden, the same thing happened.  Cassey ran into the living room staring at the couch again, but this time, I didn't believe her.  I stood there telling her that there was NOT a cat under that couch, but she insistently continued barking.  This time, Kari pulled the couch out and we could not believe that the cat was back.  She pulled it out, picked it up and took it back outside.  I thought I had learned my lesson of not believing my dogs.

Well, I once again was tested in my belief of my dog.  Missy's best friend "Violet", her disgusting violet colored worm toy that she sleeps with and squeaks all the time, was missing.  I couldn't see her toy in her bed, so I asked her where it was? She looked at me with great concern and was looking in her bed and then up on the big bed.  I told her that maybe she had it out in the family room.  I went out to the family room with her to look, but nope, Violet was not in the family room.  We came back into the bedroom and Missy kept going to a spot between my end table and the bed.  With my DOUBTFUL  mind, I told her that it wasn't in there, there's no way she could have put it in that little area, but she insisted and was trying to get something.  I got down on my hands and knees, reached my hand in that area and I'll be darned...THERE WAS VIOLET.  I just couldn't believe that she knew that dirty little furry worm was in that spot.  I say she may have smelled it there, but I don't know, she's smart.  I tell her that if she was a human, she'd be a genius.  Sorry I didn't believe you Missy.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Never doubt a dog! Because dog spelled backwards is...g-o-d! :)