Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Forget Social

I know that a lot of doggies like each other, but I am not one of them.  Apparently I am like most of the other dogs my parents have had.  They never liked other animals; it's either all about them and me, or forget it.

Yesterday my mommy took me to the neighbor in back of us because the neighbor has a dog named Duchess.  Marcy (the neighbor) was talking to my mom the other day and said it would be nice for us (Duchess and myself) to play.  When I heard that, I thought I didn't want to play with that dog, all she does is bark, bark, and bark.  She never shuts up.  I have to admit that when I go outside to go potty, I will stand by the fence and whine sometimes, but I hear different barks and I am afraid she might be hurt or something else is wrong.  Anyway, I went to Marcy's house with my mom (she carried me) and she put me down on the floor when we got inside, and of course, the normal doggy thing happened....my butt was being smelled.  Now, I know this is normal dog behavior, but hey I DON'T DO THAT.  I do not care what other dogs smell like in that area, so leave me alone.  I started growling after a few minutes, so my mom picked me up.  We still stayed there for a little bit so my mom's neighbor and herself could talk for a little bit.  The whole time we were there, my mommy held me on her lap and each time I saw Duchess, I growled like crazy.  I just wish she would not come near me.  My mom kept saying Duchess was such a good girl (whoop-dee-doo) and that I wasn't being very nice, but do you think I cared?  Nope I did not care one bit.  I was in my mommy's arms and that is all I needed.  I am happy being an only child so whatever.  After a while, my mommy brought me home and I was finally happy and laid down and went to sleep on my own floor.

No comments: